Early Bird Pricing: save $46.00 if purchased before March 1st. Regular pricing in effect starting March 1st, 2023.
Is your teen a chef in the making? Are they looking for adventure in the kitchen and to develop their cooking skills, serious about taking some culinary training so they can land that first job this summer or simply wanting to get out and make some new friends with common interests?
DATES: Monday, March 13 to Friday, March 17, 2023
- Morning: 9:00am-2:00pm for 12-15 year olds: $595.00 + HST**
- Afternoon: 11:00am-3:00pm for 15-18 year olds: $595.00 + HST**
- Full Day: 9:00am-3:00pm for 15-18 year olds: $695.00 + HST**
CLASS SIZE: maximum 12 participants. Minimum 4 participants required or class will be cancelled with at least 72 hours notice prior to the scheduled class (see below).
REQUIREMENTS: All Junior Chefs are required to purchase a uniform which includes t-shirt, hat & wooden spoon to start their cooking kit.
EXTRAS: Additional meals can be ordered at time of registration for $18.95 + HST
Please download, review and bring completed forms to the first class.
- 3 hours + of daily technical culinary instruction from Chef Pam along with life skills coaching that focuses on building confidence, developing problem-solving skills, enhancing communication skills and developing self-care strategies while working in the kitchen
- Tastings, snacks & lunch, daily
- Fanjoy Junior Chef cookbook with recipes and step-by-step instructions
- Daily Fireside Chef Chats after lunch featuring guest speakers, videos and highlights that will focus on teaching youth about sustainability, real life challenges and opportunities for kitchen careers, addressing food waste, the myth of ‘best before dates’ & evaluating the impact of farming and food choices on our environment
- Fanjoy’s Chopped Junior Chef Competition at lunchtime on Friday
Cancellation Policy: Please inform us 48 hours prior to the class date of any cancellation to receive a refund. All no shows will be charged 100% of the class price. We appreciate your understanding. In the case of cancellation by Fanjoy, a future credit for the full fee will be granted to attend any of our upcoming classes.
**Prices are subject to change to reflect rising food costs.
To purchase a class as a gift please head over to our gift card section for more info.